Saturday 31 August 2013

Wedding Preparations

The week before Lara's wedding was jam packed full of final preparations; baking, jam-jar cleaning, table setting planning, napkin folding, and my main role-doing the flowers. All you need to make a wedding lovely is a mixture of tradition, family and friends, and a few personal touches. But for me, it's the personal touches that make it a really special day. And this wedding was certainly overflowing with little touches personal to Dan and Lara.



Jam jars for reception drinks of Pimms. 




Lara's gingerbread grooms and brides. 







  


Beautiful vintage themed table plan with collected brooches and vintage suitcase. (Generously lent by me!) 






Wooden hearts Lara collaged for name places/napkin rings



Napkins ready to take to the hall




My personalised almond biscuits 





My pearly butterfly cakes.




Gorgeous flowers provided by the Butterfly Tree florist ready for me to arrange for the tables.



Teapots for the tables, I had my eye on a couple to keep afterwards.

Note to self: no matter how much you plan and organise in advance, the last week will always be a busy rush... 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post regarding wedding preparations. It is extremely time consuming task but without proper planning and preparations you can’t have a memorable day. At the local LA venues we will be marrying soon and would be hiring a talented planner for all arrangements.

    ReplyDelete