Sunday 26 January 2014

Tylney Hall


What a miserable wet Sunday it is today. Fortunately last Sunday was a beautifully crisp and sunny day, perfect for a trip to a mansion for some fresh coffee in the countryside of Hampshire.
Tylney Hall is a stunning Victorian mansion house surrounded by stately gardens, now used as a hotel and used for events. With my final major project underway it was a great location to base my initial inspiration from looking at the architectural decorative features of the interiors and exterior, as well as the country charm of the grounds. 


Tylney Hall, Hampshire. You can visit for coffee like we did or for one of their famous afternoon teas, they use their grand decorative rooms for events such as weddings and conferences. For more information visit their website.


Mum and Dad came along joining me for the coffee and a wintery stroll.


Beautiful cornicing and drapery. The interiors are laced with decorative plaster work.







Some of my Instagram favourites… I'm pretty new to Instagram but I can see it's something I may get addicted to! 










Even though it's winter the Italian gardens and surrounding grounds are enchanting and lovely to walk around.





















It was so peaceful and such a romantic setting with the historic architecture and country grounds, one of my favourite places to visit near my home town.

No comments:

Post a Comment